A Little Acorn Holiday Let
This website is operated by Elaine Clelland and Kirsty Gray. The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
· Who we are;
· How and why we collect, store, use and share personal information ;
· Your rights in relation to your personal information, and;
· How to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
A little Acorn (“we” or “us”) collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as a ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purpose of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
a. Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When an enquiry is made.
b. Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us this information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
· Shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
· Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
· Shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
To communicate with you only
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
We will not share your personal information with any other 3rd parties
Required personal information
No personal information has to be provided by you to us at any time.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
Information will be retained for a maximum of 6 year period unless continued communication requested by yourself.
These periods are no longer than necessary in each case
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
Will be kept on a secured drive with password protection and minimal access.
We also have protection in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
Children and the validity of consent
Where we obtain consent from any user we will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 13 years of age and whether the child is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the use is not, parental consent will be required to provide consent for the processing of any personal information.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
· Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
· Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
· Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
· Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
· Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
· Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
· Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
· Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
· Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
· Email or write to us
· Let us have enough information to identify you
· Let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
· Let us know the information to which you request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe(opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please not that ther may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe, in which marketing may still be received while you r request is being processed.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this policy in another format (for example: audio, large print or braille), please contact us using the details below.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
A Little Acorn
We have decided to keep our prices reasonable and the same throughout 2021, school holidays included.
Minimum of 2 night stay is £75 for a couple per night, £80 for 3 people and £85 for 4 people per night.
We have a travel cot for a baby/toddler as well, for which there will be no extra charge.
We are also offering a full deposit return and refund if restrictions change and you have to cancel due to COVID.
A £50 deposit will secure your dates.
Please get in touch and we can confirm if the dates you are looking for are available.
Many thanks, Elaine x